Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Miss Martinez's Class

Since "student choice" was a blog topic during a module, I chose to write about my 6th grade class. I, alongside another teacher, teach Language Arts to the sixth grade. This year is full of trials and tribulations because for the first time we are not using basals. Our LA curriculum is literature based. I love it this way. We have a daily journal called a daybook and then we go right into our book of the month. So far far we have read two books and based our lesson plans on novel guides that we create. I have to say, it has worked very well. I love it and the students love it as well. Let me know if you have any questions on this approach or would like to see a novel guide. So far so good in Miss Martinez's 6th grade class.

2 comments:

Dr. Luongo said...

Do you have a class website?

Denise's 555 & 570 Blog said...

Nope, we have a school site and a class email but thats all.