Tuesday, October 21, 2008

iTeach with iPod

I think that teaching via ipod is such an innovative idea. After reading this article, I was taken back with all the uses of such a little gadget. People instinctively think music, movies, and itunes. I would of never thought of using it as a teaching tool. As a teacher, I would use the idea of podcasts for a college and perhaps a high school classroom. Although the idea brings us right to the 21st century, it does have certain setbacks such as availability to an ipod and learning how to use it. In theory, teaching with ipods is a creative interactive way to keep students engaged. In a perfect world, every student can have one and perhaps take an elective class on podcasts and ipod usage. Podcasts are a great way to incorporate blogs, interviews, project, etc into a lesson. I loved the way the professor used the ipod to teach the Cuban Revolution. (I'm Cuban so I loved that part) In the end, I am all for teaching via ipod, i just wish it is as accessible and affordable as it is user friendly.

2 comments:

Lolliete said...

I agree with you, we should teach with those items that students want to learn with. It is also a better way to make education meaningful to them.

Chris said...

This is a very innovative way of teaching and as you say "bringing us right to the 21st century." Unfortunately, as with most of these technological resources, economics is one of the most important.