Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Guided Reading Case Study


The case study held at Lindisfarne North Primary School discusses how teachers use guided reading and small group work to share ideas and create activities to go along with their lessons. I like the idea of working in small groups and combining discussions and projects with the group. We use very similar practices in my classroom. My class is divided into two groups (about 12 students or so) and we read a novel together. We currently just finished reading The Skin I'm In. We included projects such as collages, novel guides, portraits etc, alongside group discussions. Its a great way to maintain control of your group and their progress. I love the way guided reading has worked in our class. I would definitely recommend it.

1 comment:

Dr. Luongo said...

Thanks for your input.

I am glad you have been able to use this strategy!